Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Introduction

     My name is Amanda and I am a stay at home mom of a spectacular 7 year old boy (HappyJay) who happens to be on the Autism Spectrum, and a beautiful and hilarious 6 year old girl (Sparkles). 
 I am married to a wonderful, although, sometimes frustrating man (the wookie) who works outside of our home and does youtube as his main hobby.

     I chose the name 'NonTypical Joy' because our life as an Autism family is full of all sorts of joyous moments that typical families do not get to experience. Our Journey can be challenging and the way I have come to get a handle on this unexpected roller-coaster ride of life is to pinpoint and focus on every single positive and every tinsy tiney tiny victory of each of our daily battles either big or small. Some days it is easier than others to be completely engulfed in positivity, but that is how it is no matter what kind of life you lead. So why not share our journey with the world and maybe help another Autism mom/family in that they are not alone either?!

Remember to Follow me on: Twitter @nontypicaljoy  Instagram at: nontypicaljoy  Pinterest at: nontypicaljoy

No comments:

Post a Comment